Skip to main content

A Van, Bed, and Wedding

     With every great story there comes a space of waiting for the next event to occur. From the day of graduation there has been much preparation for my trek out to Montana. My mother recommended using my current twin bed frame as a base for the bed in the van and, as usual, she was right. My modifications involved cutting the support boards and attaching hinges to make the middle areas accessible. 







    A friends wedding was the last event I had planned before heading on my way. A quick overnight trip to the Red River Gorge for the bachelor party was filled with laughter, jokes, and stories. There was a cut finger, failed beer can shotgunning attempt, some vomit, and many interesting morning exits from the tents.

     The wedding day flew by faster than any of us could have predicted. The weather was perfect, the people were amazing, and the dancing, per usual, was my favorite part. The rest of the weekend was taken as rest so that I would be prepared for the last preparations of the trip.

    After many goodbyes and prayers I have finally begun my trek.

    My first stop was outside of Louisville at my old college roommates house. They recently moved in and gave me the grand tour of their new home. We shared a meal of chicken alfredo, with amazing breadsticks, and caught up on life.

p.s. I also submitted my Survivor audition tape if you are interested in taking a look. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzjhk66R8T4

"Wander in wonder, my friend." - someone

Comments

  1. Wonderful, Quinn! Love that you're making time for adventure and discovery. Something we should all do throughout life. Glad your folks shared your blog link. I'm looking forward to following along. I was in Glacier Natl. in 2011 on my 2011 BMW R1200RT motorcycle while driving to visit my Hoffert family members in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I fell in love with the park. So wonderful you get to work/be there this summer. Be safe, have fun, make memories! 😄👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Glacier National Park! I am afraid to admit how old I am!! But I was in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in 1975!! I am sure it's changed some but still Incredibly BEAUTIFUL! I WA going into 6 th grade! So glad you're taking time off to travel and see the USA! Enjoy going out WEST! You may want to stop and Wall Drug, SD, the BadLands and MT. Rushmore! We just came back from there last weekend! God's AWESOME, creative imagination of creating unique animals and land scapes! Enjoy your journey and adventures and I pray God's anointing power, blessing and protection as you travel! May God surround you with his guiding and guarding Angels, bubble wrap around your van and be armed from head to toe everyday with the ARMOR. of GOD. MC2 Hadley loves you and we will be praying for your Happy Trails!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LA, Vegas, All the Way to Texas

 10/26/21 Los Angeles is not my favorite place. The sights are cool but the drivers are obsessed with being fast and the people are all stressed out and angry or confused which makes the atmosphere quite uncomfortable. We hit many sights throughout the city on our day of adventure. We started off with the famous Griffith Observatory but were disappointed to see that it was closed due to a film shoot happening. We then made our way to the Hollywood sign where we took a bunch of photos freaking out over finally seeing the sign in person. From there we went to the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame where all of the stars on the sidewalk are located.  Last day of camping with the Villains. Nick posing epically. A not so epic photo of myself. THE HOLLYWOOD SIGN Griffith observatory. Film crew gear truck From there we drove to the house that was used in Halloween, known as the Michael Meyers house. Once we got there Nick dressed up as Michael Meyers and he geeked out while I took photos for him.